Profession Structural engineer
Building structure engineers perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures.
Structural engineer Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks structural engineer
- Conduct preliminary research, for example by examining building sites.
- Consult with clients and other relevant parties (such as government authorities, engineers) to obtain relevant information.
- Design the framework of buildings.
- Develop building plans in accordance with relevant building codes and regulations.
- Give advice to clients and other parties involved, for example on materials and working procedures.
- Prepare sketches, scale drawings, etc., for example using computer-aided design (CAD) equipment.
- Describe building materials specifications and standards that have to be complied with.
- Evaluate and incorporate work plans and drawings of third parties.
- Negotiate with building contractors, for example on costs and work planning.
- Coordinate and administer the preparation and execution of building projects.
- Control and supervise all stages of construction.
- Inspect project sites to coordinate work, monitor progress and ensure conformity to design specifications and standards.
Related professions engineer
- Aerospace engineer
- Aircraft engineer
- Automotive engineer
- Chemical engineer
- Dredging engineer
- Electrical engineer (professional)
- Electronics engineer
- Engineering department manager
- Environmental engineer
- Health and safety engineer
- Hydraulics engineer
- Industrial engineer
- Installation or repairs department manager
- Logistics engineer
- Marine engineer
- Materials engineer
- Mechanical engineer
- Patent agent
- Planning engineer
- Production engineer
- Professional engineer, all other
- Technical department manager
- Thermo engineer
- Water protection or land reclamation engineer
Source: Sisyphus ODB