Surgeons treat diseases, injuries, and deformities by invasive methods, such as manual manipulation or by using instruments and appliances.
Surgeon Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
- Analyze patient's medical history, medication allergies, physical condition, and test results to verify the necessity of operation's necessity and to select the best procedure.
- Operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patient's' functions.
- Follow established surgical techniques during operation.
- Prescribe preoperative and postoperative treatments and procedures.
- Examine patient to provide information about medical condition and surgical risk.
- Direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, residents and other medical staff.
- Provide consultation and surgical assistance to other physicians and surgeons.
- Refer patient to medical specialist or other practitioners when necessary.
- Examine instruments, equipment, and operating room to ensure sterility.
- Keep records of performed operations and attend lessons' learnt meetings.
Related professions medical specialist
- Company doctor
- Dentist, dentist surgeon
- General practitioner
- Hospital manager
- Hygienist, health officer
- Manager, all other health services
- Medical practitioner, all other specialists
- Optical specialist
- Plastic surgeon
- Skin specialist
Source: Sisyphus ODB