Profession Swimming instructor
Swimming instructors teach swimming and organise recreational activities to individuals and groups of all ages and abilities in indoor and outdoor swimming pools.
Swimming instructor Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks swimming instructor
- Initiate, coordinate and hold swimming lessons to individuals and groups using various teaching methods and instructional material.
- Initiate, coordinate and guide recreational activities at the swimming facility for various groups (e.g. toddlers, pre-school children, elderly, disabled).
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons and activities, and communicate objectives to the participants.
- Explain and demonstrate swimming and training techniques to participants.
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of participants and adjust the teaching programme when necessary.
- Supervise swimmers and visitors to ensure their safety.
- Prevent injuries and dangerous situations and take action when they occur, e.g. by providing first aid.
- Answer the questions of visitors, parents, swimmers, etc., and give information e.g. about facilities, activities, merchandise and participants' progress.
- Check and record the water quality, air and water temperature, etc.
- Make sure the swimming pool, locker rooms, showers, etc. are clean and tidy.
Related professions sports
- Fitness instructor
- Golf caddie
- Instructor, all other sports
- Outdoor adventure guide
- Professional sportsperson
- Recreation program worker for sports
- Ski instructor
- Sports agent
- Sports centre manager
- Sports coach, trainer
- Sports official
- Sports referee
- Ticket collector
Source: Sisyphus ODB