Profession tour operator representative
Tour operator representatives act on behalf of the tour operator to give practical information, provide assistance, handle services and sell excursions to tourists while at their destinations.
- Enterprising / Conventional
- Conventional / Enterprising
- Geographical areas relevant to tourism
The field of tourism geography in Europe as well as the rest of the world in order to point out relevant tourism areas and attractions.
- Make logistical arrangements
Cooperate with coach operators, transport providers and accommodation providers in order to schedule transport, accommodation and activities.
- Measure customer feedback
Evaluate customer's comments in order to find out whether customers feel satisfied or dissatisfied with the product or service.
- Maintain working relationships
Ensure effective working relationships with colleagues and others. Maintain them over long periods of time.
- Upsell products
Persuade customers to buy additional or more expensive products.
- Collect tourist information
Gather and compile relevant touristic information from a variety of sources.
- Process booking
Execute a booking of a place according to client's requirement in advance and issue all appropriate documents.
- Assist clients with special needs
Aid clients with special needs following relevant guidelines and special standards. Recognise their needs and accurately respond to them if needed.
- Create solutions to problems
Solve problems which arise in planning, prioritising, organising, directing/facilitating action and evaluating performance. Use systematic processes of collecting, analysing, and synthesising information to evaluate current practice and generate new understandings about practice.
- Handle personal identifiable information
Administer sensitive personal information on customers securely and discreetly
- Communicate with customers
Respond to and communicate with customers in the most efficient and appropriate manner to enable them to access the desired products or services, or any other help they may require.
- Provide performance feedback
Provide performance feedback and observation remarks to third parties with regard to quality
- Manage health and safety standards
Oversee all personnel and processes to comply with health, safety and hygiene standards. Communicate and support alignment of these requirements with the company's health and safety programmes.
- Provide customised products
Make and develop custom-made products and solutions for customer's specific needs.
- Apply foreign languages in tourism
Use the mastery of foreign languages orally or written in the tourism sector in order to communicate with collaborators or customers.
- Devise special promotions
Plan and invent promotion activities to stimulate sales
- Maintain customer service
Keep the highest possible customer service and make sure that the customer service is at all times performed in a professional way. Help customers or participants feel at ease and support special requirements.
- Work in a hospitality team
Function confidently within a group in hospitality services, in which each has his own responsibility in reaching a common goal which is a good interaction with the customers, guests or collaborators and their contentment.
- Handle customer complaints
Administer complaints and negative feedback from customers in order to address concerns and where applicable provide a quick service recovery.
Optional knowledge and skillsprepare travel packages implement sales strategies manage the customer experience implement marketing strategies negotiate service with providers maintain customer records negotiate supplier arrangements
Common job titles
- Technical support specialist
- Operations optimization manager
- Marketing and sales coordinator (entry level)
- Travel industry sales manager, latin america
- Convention services manager
- Customer service representative
- Special events and promotions representative (part time)
- Aviation safety inspector (operations), gao, faasteam program manager
- Director, meetings and special events
- Pro consul