Profession Travel agency clerk
Travel agency clerks plan and sell transportation and accommodations to travel agency customers. Determine, with the customer, the destination, modes of transportation, travel dates, costs, and accommodation required.
Travel agency clerk Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks travel agency clerk
- Converse with customers to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodation required.
- Advise customers on travel options, tour packages, insurances, etc. and provide travel information.
- Calculate costs of travel and accommodation, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff and hotel rate books, or quote package tour prices.
- Make bookings (e.g. sell tickets and package tours to customers or book hotels) using computer or telephone.
- Print or request transportation carrier tickets, using for example a computer printer system or a system link to travel carrier.
- Collect payment for transportation and accommodation from customers, and maintain records of bookings and payments.
- Confirm bookings and notify customers about issues such as luggage limits, insurance, medical, passport, visa and currency requirements, and provide customers with brochures and publications containing travel information.
- Assist customers with changes to travel plans.
- Deal with complaints.
- Undertake clerical and administrative work, e.g. maintain customer database.
- Maintain contacts with customers, providers and service companies.
- Make efforts to meet sales targets by developing and promoting marketing strategies (e.g. special offers, special conditions for frequent travellers and companies, and promotion of particular destinations, tour packages, etc.).
Related professions travel
- Travel agency manager
- Travel consultant
- Travel guide
- Travel organiser
Source: Sisyphus ODB