Profession visual merchandiser
Visual merchandisers are specialised in the promotion of the sale of goods, especially their presentation in retail outlets.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Artistic / Enterprising
- Artistic / Realistic
- Merchandising techniques
The selling techniques to attract customers and increase sales.
- Assemble visual displays
Assemble and rearrange visual displays in showcase or in-store.
- Maintain relationship with suppliers
Build a lasting and meaningful relationship with suppliers and service providers in order to establish a positive, profitable and enduring collaboration, co-operation and contract negotiation.
- Develop store design
Develop visual concepts and strategies to promote retail brands, products and services, for in-store design, catalogue design and web shop design.
- Coach team on visual merchandising
Coach sales team on in-store visual merchandising; help employees to interpret guidelines; train employees in effective execution of visual concept.
- Negotiate with suppliers for visual material
Negotiate with suppliers on the delivery of visual equipment; stay within the budget at all times.
- Have computer literacy
Utilise computers, IT equipment and modern day technology in an efficient way.
- Execute visual presentation changes
Prepare and execute visual presentation changes by moving items, changing shelving and fixtures, changing signs, adding and removing decorative accessories, etc.
- Liaise with appropriate staff for visual display
Communicate with appropriate staff in order to determine which types of merchandise should be featured on display.
- Change window displays
Change or rearrange window displays. Reflect changes in the shop inventory. Emphasise new promotional actions.
- Interpret floor plans
Be able to think three-dimensionally; understand the results of moving the position of objects and patterns on floor plans.
- Conduct research on trends in design
Conduct research on present and future evolutions and trends in design, and associated target market features.
- Assess visual impact of displays
Analyse feedback from customers and co-workers on the visual impact of displays and showcases; implement changes where needed.
- Maintain relationship with customers
Build a lasting and meaningful relationship with customers in order to ensure satisfaction and fidelity by providing accurate and friendly advice and support, by delivering quality products and services and by supplying after-sales information and service.
Optional knowledge and skillsanalyse bestsellers trends in fashion meet deadlines monitor stock movement monitor stock level drive vehicles teamwork principles use cad software carry out sales analysis
Common job titles
- Freelance visual merchandiser
- Retail visual merchandiser
- Visual merchandiser - mid atlantic (washington dc based)
- Visual merchandiser, gucci - new york fifth avenue flagship
- Zara somerset collection-hiring event-august 14th through august 19th
- Retail visual merchandiser, full time: boca raton, fl, boca town center
- Retail hiring event: management and visual merchandiser
- District visual merchandising manager
- Visual merchandiser
- Corporate visual merchandiser opportunities- us