Profession Waiting staff
Waiters or waitresses take orders, serve food and beverages to customers, prepare checks and handle payments in dining establishments, e.g. restaurants, hotels and clubs.
Waiting staff Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks waiting staff
- Set tables, e.g. with clean linen, cutlery, crockery and glasses.
- Welcome and seat customers and hand menus to them.
- Inform customers about daily specials, answer questions about menu and make recommendations upon request.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers.
- Memorise, write down or enter customers' orders into computers, and pass orders to kitchen and bar staff.
- Serve food and beverages to customers.
- Prepare or serve speciality dishes at tables as required.
- Check with customers that they are contented and handle any problems.
- Prepare bills, present them to customers and handle money or credit card payments.
- Prepare the restaurant for special events (e.g. weddings), by getting tables, chairs, glasses, etc. ready.
- Clear and clean tables or counters, e.g. by carrying plates, glasses and cutlery to the kitchen for washing up.
Related professions food server
- Counter attendant cafeteria, lunchroom
- Counter attendant snack counter
- First line supervisor food servicing workers
- Food server (not in restaurants)
- Food server restaurant
Source: Sisyphus ODB