Profession Air-conditioning installer or mechanic
Refrigeration mechanics service, adjust, test and repair industrial and commercial refrigerating systems and a variety of refrigeration equipment.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Conventional
- Realistic / Enterprising
Tasks air-conditioning installer or mechanic
- Gather information about the functioning of the refrigeration system.
- Analyze and interpret the (malfunctioning) history of the system.
- Check the state and condition of the refrigeration system.
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance services, for example check and test leak detection devices, replace parts where necessary.
- Analyze and interpret defects in refrigeration systems.
- Repair malfunctioning refrigeration systems.
- Control and test whether defects are adequately repaired.
- Put refrigeration systems into operation (e.g. charge with refrigerant, adjust the thermostat and pressure control).
- Dismantle (parts of) refrigeration systems.
- Register relevant information, for example by completing a log book or forms.
Related professions electrical
- Building electrician
- Cooling or freezing installer or mechanic
- Domestic appliances service technician
- Domestic appliances technician
- Electrical line installer or repairer
- Electrical mechanic or fitter
- Electrician helper
- Electrician high voltage
- Electronic home entertainment equipment service technician
- Elevator installer or repairer
- Heating installer or mechanic
- Moving staircase installer or repairer
- Security or fire alarm systems installer or repairer
- Stage or studio electrician
- Windmill installer or repairer