Profession aircraft assembler
Aircraft assemblers fit, service, repair and overhaul aircraft engines and assemblies, such as airframes, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Related professions métal
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Machine tool operator
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal foundry pattern-maker
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal production process operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, all other
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer
Theoretical and practical applications of the science studying the action of displacements and forces on physical bodies to the development of machinery and mechanical devices.
The engineering processes that combine electrical and mechanical engineering in the application of electromechanics in devices that need electricity to create mechanical movement or devices that create electricity by mechanical movement.
- Quality standards
The national and international requirements, specifications and guidelines to ensure that products, services and processes are of good quality and fit for purpose.
- Common aviation safety regulations
The body of legislation and regulations that apply to the field of civil aviation at regional, national, European and International levels. Understand that regulations aimed at protecting citizens at all times in civil aviation; ensure that operators, citizens, and organisations comply with these rules.
- Aircraft mechanics
Technicalities over mechanics in aircrafts and related topics in order to perform a wide range of repais in aircrafts.
- Wear appropriate protective gear
Wear relevant and necessary protective gear, such as protective goggles or other eye protection, hard hats, safety gloves.
- Read standard blueprints
Read and comprehend standard blueprints, machine, and process drawings.
Identify operating problems, decide what to do about it and report accordingly.
- Use technical documentation
Understand and use technical documentation in the overall technical process.
- Read engineering drawings
Read the technical drawings of a product made by the engineer in order to suggest improvements, make models of the product or operate it.
- Fasten components
Fasten components together according to blueprints and technical plans in order to create subassemblies or finished products.
- Use power tools
Operate power driven pumps. Use hand tools or power tools. Use vehicle repair tools or safety equipment.
- Assemble metal parts
Align and arrange steel and metal parts in order to assemble complete products; use the appropriate hand tools and gauges.
- Ensure equipment availability
Ensure that the necessary equipment is provided, ready and available for use before start of procedures.
- Operate drill press
Operate a semi-automated, semi-manual drill press to drill holes in a work piece, safely and according to regulations.
- Apply preliminary treatment to workpieces
Apply preparatory treatment, through mechanical or chemical processes, to the workpiece preceding the main operation.
- Apply health and safety standards
Adhere to standards of hygiene and safety established by respective authorities.
- Align components
Align and lay out components in order to put them together correctly according to blueprints and technical plans.
Optional knowledge and skillsprogram a cnc controller tend riveting machine follow safety procedures when working at heights inspect quality of products tend cnc grinding machine tend cnc laser cutting machine conduct performance tests perform aircraft maintenance liaise with engineers tend cnc metal punch press engineering principles use cam software record test data operate lifting equipment tend computer numerical control lathe machine cut metal products keep records of work progress set up automotive robot archive documentation related to the work tend cnc drilling machine operate handheld riveting equipment defense system tend cnc milling machine use welding equipment rivet types engineering processes use testing equipment
Common job titles
- Assembler aircraft - structures
- Assembler aircraft - electrical
- Production assembler
- Assembler ff4 (w7004)
- Sheet metal assembler
- Assembler (temp)
- Assembler 2
- Assembler ii
- Mechanical assembler
- Value added assembler