Profession aircraft fuel system operator
Aircraft fuel system operators maintain fuel distribution systems and ensure the refuelling of planes.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Fuel inventory methods
Know various fuel inventory methods; know gauging procedures for fuel bladders using petroleum gauging stick.
- Fuel distribution systems
Know all aspects of fuel distribution systems and components such as pipeline systems, valves, pumps, filters, and fuel monitors.
- Identify airport safety hazards
Spot threats related to security at the airport and apply procedures to counteract them in a quick, safe, and efficient way.
- Ensure maintenance of fuel distribution facilities
Implement regular maintenance and safety programmes relating to all aspects of fuel distribution facility operations; demonstrate expertise in spill clean-up procedures, prevention and control measures, repair of fuel terminal systems, and implementation of preventive maintenance on these systems.
- Follow written instructions
Follow written directions in order to perform a task or carry out a step-by-step procedure.
- Handle fuels
Handle and store fuels and assess their potential risks and dangers.
- Show responsibility
Accept responsibility and be accountable for professional decisions of yourself or others as part of a job or one's role.
- Report on fuel distribution incidents
Compose forms on the findings of pumping system temperature and water level checks etc.; produce reports detailing any problems or incidents that occurred.
- Conduct quality assurance inspections on fuel operations
Obtain and visually inspect fuel samples, examine fuel tank water, temperature, and fuel levels to ensure the highest quality in operations.
- Conduct aviation fuel servicing operations
Perform refuelling and defueling activities, such as receiving fuel by tank truck or rail car, and preparing and checking documentation, in support of aviation refuelling objectives.
Optional knowledge and skillsmake numerical calculations perform manual work autonomously
Common job titles
- Fuel distribution system operator - qatar
- Fuel distribution system operator (fdso) - nas kingsville, texas
- Fuels distribution system operator (able to obtain secret clearance)
- Fuels distribution system operator
- Fuels distribution system operator- vanderberg
- Fuel systems operator
- Driver/system operator - nas kingsville, texas
- Sheriff's chief helicopter maintenance technician
- Cba120 aircraft mechanic - obogs/pe