Profession Aircraft service technician
Aircraft mechanics or service technicians diagnose, adjust, repair and overhaul aircraft engines and assemblies, such as hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
Aircraft service technician Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks aircraft service technician
- Determine the feasibility and method of repairing or replacing faulty or damaged components, e.g. by interpreting maintenance manuals or other specifications.
- Conduct routine and special inspections.
- Examine aircraft components to detect faults, defects or potential problems.
- Test aircraft communication equipment, instruments and electronic systems.
- Measure parts for wear using precision instruments.
- Remove and reassemble large parts of planes (e.g. engines) using hoists or lifts.
- Replace or repair worn, defective or damaged components using hand tools, gauges and testing equipment.
- Inspect and test completed work to certify that maintenance meets standards and that aircraft is ready for operation.
- Document all aircraft maintenance.
Related professions air transport
- Air traffic controller
- Air traffic safety technician
- Air transport operations clerk
- Aircraft loader
- Aircraft pilot, co-pilot
- Aircraft purser
- Flight attendant
- Helicopter pilot
- Radar observer
Source: Sisyphus ODB