Profession Ambulance driver (non paramedic)
Ambulance attendants drive ambulance or assist ambulance driver in transporting sick, injured, or convalescent persons. Assist in lifting patients.
Ambulance driver (non paramedic) Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks ambulance driver (non paramedic)
- Drive ambulances for emergency transportation of patients to medical facilities.
- Drive ambulances for routine transportation of patients.
- Lift and place patients on stretchers, load stretchers into ambulances and transfer patients to hospital.
- Provide first aid such as bandaging, splinting and administering oxygen.
- Keep the ambulance and equipment clean and in good working order.
- Maintain sufficient medical supplies in the ambulance.
- Restrain or shackle violent patients.
- Report relevant facts to hospital personnel or law enforcement officials.
- Assist hospital staff with the provision of medical treatment if necessary.
- Prepare written reports on the state of patients' injuries and treatment provided.
Related professions paramedic health worker
- Contact lens specialist
- Dispensing opticians
- Emergency medical technician
- Health associate professional, all other
- Medical records or health information technician
- Occupational health or safety officer
- Ophthalmic optician
- Paramedical practitioner, all other
Source: Sisyphus ODB