Profession Animal carer (not in farms)
Non-farm animal caretakers feed, water, groom, exercise, monitor or otherwise care for pets, zoo animals and other non-farm animals. May keep records of animals and clean animal quarters.
Animal carer (not in farms) Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks animal carer (not in farms)
- Prepare food, and feed and water animals, e.g. according to schedules and feeding instructions.
- Clean, organize and disinfect animal quarters such as pens, stables, cages and yards, and animal equipment such as saddles and bridles, and change animal bedding.
- Perform animal grooming duties such as washing, brushing, clipping, trimming coats, cutting nails, cleaning ears and treating animals with insecticides.
- Exercise, train, handle and play with animals.
- Respond to questions from visitors or animal owners, and provide information to them about animals, such as behavior, habitat and breeding habits, or facility activities.
- Answer telephones and schedule appointments, e.g. with animal owners.
- Examine, observe and monitor animals to detect signs of illness, disease or injury.
- Provide treatment to sick or injured animals, or contact veterinarians to secure treatment.
- Collect and record animal information such as weight, size, physical condition, behavior, treatments received, medications given and food intake.
- Transfer animals between enclosures, search for and capture stray animals.
- Assist other professionals (e.g. veterinarians or scientists), e.g. in animal laboratory tests, with humane killing of animals and handling of dead animals.
- Order, unload and store feed and supplies.
Related professions animal husbandry
- Animal home manager
- Animal trainer
- Fur animals farm worker
- Fur animals farmer
- Horse breeder
- Horse riding centre manager
- Horse riding instructor
- Laboratory animals carer
- Pest controller
- Pet animal breeder
- Stable groom
- Stable master
Source: Sisyphus ODB