Profession assembly team leader
First line supervisors assembly line workers supervise, coordinate and participate in the activities of assembly line workers.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Tasks assembly team leader
- Determine production requirements (e.g. output quality and quantity, cost, time, labour requirements), e.g. by analyzing charts, work orders, production schedules, etc.
- Determine schedules, sequences and assignments for assembly line activities.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
- Give instructions to workers, e.g. about work specifications, equipment operation.
- Monitor and control materials, products or equipment to detect defects or faults.
- Monitor assembly line workers' performance, e.g. by monitoring gauges, dials and other indicators.
- Control quality and quantity of production.
- Evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Participate in the work activities of assembly line workers.
- Conduct or arrange training in job-related skills for workers.
- Enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
- Recommend and implement initiatives such as new techniques and products, purchases of new machinery and changes in staff levels.
Related professions assembly
- Assembler, all other
- Assembly line operator
- Automated assembly line controller
- Electrical-equipment assembler
- Leather products assembler
- Metal products assembler
- Plastic products assembler
- Rubber products assembler