Bread bakers make various kinds of bread, cakes, and other flour products.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Related professions food
- Bakery products machine operator
- Biscuit or cake maker
- Cereal products machine operator
- Chewing-gum maker
- Chocolate maker
- Chocolate products machine operator
- Cocoa processing machine operator
- Coffee processing machine operator
- Confectionery maker (craft)
- Confectionery maker (manufacturing)
- Edible nut processing machine operator
- Edible oil production machine operator
- First line supervisor food manufacturing workers
- Flour process controller
- Food scientist
- Grain- or spice-milling machine operator
- Hand packer
- Margarine processing machine operator
- Packing or labelling machine operator
- Pasta production machine operator
- Pie maker
- Pizza baker
- Quality inspector food (no meat or fish)
- Quality inspector grains, seeds
- Soft-drinks production machine operator
- Sugar production process controller
- Tea processing machine operator
- Vegetable processing machine operator
- Vinegar making machine operator
- Winemaking plant operator
- Yeast maker
- Food and beverage industry
The respective industry and the processes involved in the food and beverage industry, such as raw material selection, processing, packaging, and storage.
- Bakery production methods
The bakery production methods used to make baked products such as leaven, unleaven, sour dough, and predough.
The ability to work with the hands in order to create something artistic.
- Food safety principles
Scientific background of food safety which includes preparation, handling, and storage of food to minimise the risk of foodborne illness and other health hazards.
- Financial capability
Financial operations such as calculations, cost estimations, budget management taking relevant commercial and statistical data into account such as data for materials, supplies and manpower.
- Bakery ingredients
The raw materials and other ingredients used in baked goods.
- Monitor flour unloading equipment
Monitor flour unloading equipment and flour processing systems. Ensure ingredients are delivered on time.
- Select adequate ingredients
Select adequate ingredients based in their technological function to execute ideas. Strive for consistent good quality of the ingredients and use them adequately to obtain a satisfactory final product.
- Measure precise food processing operations
Carry out accurately measured assignments with suitable tools and equipment in the process of producing food and beverages.
- Mark differences in colours
The ability to mark or detect differences between colours, including shades of colour and brightness.
- Bake goods
Perform all tasks for baking such as oven preparation and product loading, until the baked goods are discharged from it.
- Apply HACCP
Apply regulations regarding manufacture of food and food safety compliance. Employ food safety procedures based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Ensure correct use of bakery equipment
Use the utensils, machinery and equipment for the production of bakery and farinaceous products such as kneading machines, proofing equipment, vessels, knives, baking ovens, slicers, wrappers, mixers, and glazers. Keep all tools in good condition.
- Maintain cutting equipment
Maintenance of the cutting equipment (knives, cutters, and other elements).
- Apply requirements concerning manufacturing of food and beverages
Apply and follow national, international, and internal requirements quoted in standards, regulations and other specifications related with manufacturing of food and beverages.
- Check quality of products on the production line
Check products for quality on the production line and remove defective items before and after packaging.
- Apply flame handling regulations
Laws and organisation rules for the safe storage and use of flammables.
- Follow hygienic procedures during food processing
Ensure a clean working space according to hygienic standards in the food processing industry.
- Monitor temperature in farinaceous processes
Monitor and control the temperature in the different phases of farinaceous processes such as fermentation, proofing, and baking. Adhere to specifications or recipes.
- Store raw food materials
Keep in reserve raw materials and other food supplies, following stock control procedures.
- Monitor machine operations
Observing machine operations and evaluating product quality thereby ensuring conformity to standards.
- Administer ingredients in food production
Ngredients to be added and the required amounts according to the recipe and the way those ingredients are to be administered.
- Operate mixing of food products
Perform all kinds of mixing operations of raw materials, half-finished products and foodstuffs.
- Clean food and beverage machinery
Clean machinery used for food or beverage production processes. Prepare the appropriate solutions for cleaning. Prepare all parts and assure that they are clean enough to avoid deviation or errors in the production process.
- Prepare bakery products
Make bakery products such as bread and pasta by preparing dough, using proper techniques, recipes and equipment to achieve ready bakery items, combining with other products if necessary.
- Operate weighing machine
Work with a weighing machine to measure raw, half-finished and finished products.
- Apply GMP
Apply regulations regarding manufacture of food and food safety compliance. Employ food safety procedures based on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Administer lactic ferment cultures to manufacturing products
Add specified quantity of lactic ferment cultures to food preparations such as pasteurised milk to obtain starter for sour dairy products, such as buttermilk, cheese, and sour cream. Also, to dough making in bakery.
- Tend bakery ovens
Operate ovens using the right thermal regime to bake different types of dough and maintain equipment in order to ensure effective and correct operation.
- Work according to recipe
Perform tasks in food preparation according to recipe or specification in order to preserve the quality of ingredients and to ensure replication accuracy of the recipe. Select the appropriate materials to follow the recipe, taking into account the current situation.
- Operate moulding of doughs
Operate moulding by crafting or using different equipment to have a certain shape of doughs.
- Set up machine controls
Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
- Ensure sanitation
Keep workspaces and equipment free from dirt, infection, and disease by removing waste, trash and providing for appropriate cleaning.
- Care for food aesthetic
Convey presentation and aesthetic elements into the production of food. Cut products properly, manage right quantities into the product, care for the attractiveness of the product.
- Operate kneading of food products
Perform all kinds of kneading operations of raw materials, half-finished products and foodstuffs.