Profession Beauty therapist
Beauticians carry out various beauty treatments and give advice to clients, e.g. on skin and body care.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Tasks beauty therapist
- Discuss clients' requirements and carry out skin analysis.
- Prepare treatment plans for clients.
- Perform facial treatments, e.g. apply creams, lotions and masks, perform facial massage, tint eyelashes and eyebrows, apply make-up, etc.
- Perform body treatments, e.g. perform body massage, UV or spray tanning, hydrotherapy, body hair removal, etc.
- Perform cosmetic hand, nail and foot treatments (e.g. manicures, pedicures, nail extensions).
- Perform specialist treatments, e.g. acne treatment, electro-therapy, skin rejuvenation therapies, camouflage treatments, electrolysis, etc.
- Advise clients, e.g. on skin care, make-up, nutrition, exercise programmes, etc.
- Recognize problems and refer clients to medical practitioners.
- Sell and give advice on cosmetic products and services.
- Maintain client records.
- Perform reception duties, e.g. schedule appointments, answer the telephone, order supplies and operate cash register to receive payments.
- Keep the salon, work station and tools clean and tidy.
Related professions hair, beauty, cosmetics
- Make-up artist