Profession Car mechanic
Car mechanics repair, maintain and service (components of) vehicles
Car mechanic Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
- Enterprising / Conventional
- Realistic / Enterprising
- Realistic / Conventional
- Realistic / Investigative
Tasks car mechanic
- Examine vehicles to determine extent of damage or faults and to estimate repair costs.
- Confer with customers to obtain descriptions of vehicle problems, and to discuss work to be performed.
- Inspect vehicles ensuring all important parts are examined, including belts, hoses, steering systems, spark plugs, brake and fuel systems, wheel bearings, etc.
- Test components and systems, using suitable equipment such as compression gauges.
- Plan work procedures.
- Repair, replace or adjust worn and faulty parts using suitable tools and equipment.
- Perform routine and scheduled maintenance services such as oil changes, lubrications, etc.
- Test and adjust repaired parts or assemblies to make sure they work properly.
- Carry out minor body and trim repairs.
Related professions cars
- Automotive body repairer
- Automotive glass installer or repairer
- Bus mechanic
- Car seller
- Car tyres mechanic
- Cars and other vehicles inspector
- Diesel engine mechanic
- Engineering maintenance supervisor
- Garage receptionist
- Garage supervisor
- Motor-vehicle engine fitter
- Motorcycle mechanic
- Rental clerk road or water vehicles
- Road vehicles loader
- Truck mechanic
- Vehicle patrolman/woman
- Vehicle spray painter
- Vehicle upholsterer
Source: Sisyphus ODB