Profession Cleaning supervisor
Cleaners in offices, schools or other establishments keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass, and removing rubbish.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Tasks cleaning supervisor
- Assess the condition of surfaces to be cleaned and select cleaning methods (e.g. sweeping, mopping, washing, sealing, vacuuming, shampooing, polishing, degreasing, sanitising).
- Develop work plans setting parameters for time and work flow.
- Select and prepare appropriate machines and tools, and erect ladders.
- Prepare cleaning solutions by mixing water and detergents or acids in containers according to specifications.
- Perform cleaning work, such as cleaning floors, corridors, stairs and restrooms, shampooing carpets and rugs, removing rubbish and cleaning waste containers.
- Clean windows, glass partitions and mirrors using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges and squeegees.
- Identify, remove and document surface soiling.
- Notify managers about the need for repairs.
- Determine when more supplies and equipment are needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Carry out the basic maintenance of the cleaning machinery.
Related professions support services (internal)
- Advertising clerk
- Advertising department manager
- Buyer agricultural products
- Buyer technical products
- Catering worker
- Cost estimator
- Education administrator
- Financial department manager
- IT user support technician
- Land surveyor
- Logistics worker
- Marketing department manager
- Marketing professional
- Office clerk
- Personnel department manager
- Personnel planning clerk
- Production or operations manager
- Public relations department manager
- Public relations officer, advisor
- Purchasing department manager
- Receptionist, telephonist
- Sales department manager
- Sales representative
- Sales representative agricultural products
- Sales representative technical products
- Sales representative, all other products
- Technical illustrator
- Transport clerk
- Transport scheduling clerk
- Writer of technical texts