Profession cloak room attendant
Cloakroom attendants store and keep safe guests? coats, bags and other belongings during their stay, e.g. in theatres, concert halls, hotels, restaurants or museums.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Social / Enterprising
Tasks cloak room attendant
- Welcome guests and receive coats, bags, umbrellas and other personal belongings from them.
- Assign a specific number to the belongings.
- Give the guests a ticket that corresponds to the number of their belongings.
- Calculate costs when payment is required and handle money.
- Store coats, bags and other personal belongings according to the ticket number and keep them safe.
- Return coats, bags and other personal belongings to the guests.
- Keep the cloakroom area clean and tidy.
- Answer customer enquiries or inform guests about the costs, availability, policies and procedures of the facilities.
- Refer guest problems or complaints to supervisors.
- Report and document safety hazards, potentially hazardous conditions, and unsafe practices and procedures.
Related professions attendant, guard
- Bath or sauna attendant
- Communicate with customers
Respond to and communicate with customers in the most efficient and appropriate manner to enable them to access the desired products or services, or any other help they may require.
- Maintain customer service
Keep the highest possible customer service and make sure that the customer service is at all times performed in a professional way. Help customers or participants feel at ease and support special requirements.
- Maintain cleanliness in the cloak room
Keep the cloak room area clean and tidy at all times, in line with company standards.
- Tend to clients' personal items
Make sure that clients' personal belongings, such as jewellery, personal documents, CDs and shoes, are properly stored, maintained and returned, according to its value and in line with organisational procedures.
- Apply safety measures
Perform tasks and operations taking into account the safety regulations and standards and applying them in order to prevent incidents or hazards.
- Allocate numbers to clients' belongings
Receive clients' coats, bags and other personal belongings, deposit them safely and allocate the clients with the corresponding number of their belongings for proper identification at return.
- Greet guests
Welcome guests in a friendly manner in a certain place.
- Manage lost and found articles
Make sure that all articles or objects lost are identified and that the owners gets them back in their possession.