Profession cloak room attendant
Cloakroom attendants store and keep safe guests? coats, bags and other belongings during their stay, e.g. in theatres, concert halls, hotels, restaurants or museums.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Cloak room attendant Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks cloak room attendant
- Welcome guests and receive coats, bags, umbrellas and other personal belongings from them.
- Assign a specific number to the belongings.
- Give the guests a ticket that corresponds to the number of their belongings.
- Calculate costs when payment is required and handle money.
- Store coats, bags and other personal belongings according to the ticket number and keep them safe.
- Return coats, bags and other personal belongings to the guests.
- Keep the cloakroom area clean and tidy.
- Answer customer enquiries or inform guests about the costs, availability, policies and procedures of the facilities.
- Refer guest problems or complaints to supervisors.
- Report and document safety hazards, potentially hazardous conditions, and unsafe practices and procedures.
Related professions attendant, guard
- Bath or sauna attendant
Room attendant - Career Profile
Discover your own career path at Josieapp.com!Get started!
- Maintain cleanliness in the cloak room
Keep the cloak room area clean and tidy at all times, in line with company standards.
- Maintain customer service
Keep the highest possible customer service and make sure that the customer service is at all times performed in a professional way. Help customers or participants feel at ease and support special requirements.
- Communicate with customers
Respond to and communicate with customers in the most efficient and appropriate manner to enable them to access the desired products or services, or any other help they may require.
- Manage lost and found articles
Make sure that all articles or objects lost are identified and that the owners get them back in their possession.
- Greet guests
Welcome guests in a friendly manner in a certain place.
- Allocate numbers to clients' belongings
Receive clients' coats, bags and other personal belongings, deposit them safely and allocate the clients with the corresponding number of their belongings for proper identification at return.
- Tend to clients' personal items
Make sure that clients' personal belongings, such as jewellery, personal documents, CDs and shoes, are properly stored, maintained and returned, according to its value and in line with organisational procedures.
Optional knowledge and skillsfire safety regulations manage emergency evacuation plans sell snacks assist guest departure maintain the cleanliness of the toilet facilities provide directions to guests handle surveillance equipment maintain professional administration provide information on facility's services ensure hotel security handle linen in stock oversee guest laundry service restock towels restock toilet facilities' supplies handle customer complaints collect fees for cloak room service assist clients with special needs
Source: Sisyphus ODB