Profession CNC operator
CNC operators operate computer-controlled machines or robots to perform machine functions on metal or plastic workpieces.
CNC operator Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks cnc operator
- Determine specifications (material, machine operation, etc.), tool and equipment requirements and procedure sequences from blueprints, instructions and machine knowledge.
- Select tools and materials necessary for the job.
- Set up machine controls by turning the planned machining operations into a set of instructions.
- Test the machine operation by a trial run or using computer simulations.
- Operate CNC-machines for manufacturing.
- Control machines during operation, e.g. by listening and observing, in order to detect problems or irregularities.
- Confer with supervisor or programmer to resolve machine malfunctions and production problems.
- Adjust machines in case of malfunctioning, problems or irregularities.
- Mount, install, align and secure tools, attachments, fixtures and workpieces on machines, e.g. using hand tools and precision measuring instruments.
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine parts using hand tools.
Related professions carpentry
- Carpenter helper
- Concrete carpenter
- Furniture maker
- Kitchen joiner
- Maintenance carpenter
- Wood treater
Source: Sisyphus ODB