Profession Confectionery maker
Confectionery makers produce all kinds of confectionery by mixing sweeteners and other ingredients, shaping, baking and decorating.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Confectionery maker Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks confectionery maker
- Determine confectionery types and quantities to be made, e.g. by examining production schedules.
- Order ingredients from wholesalers.
- Prepare ingredients (weigh, measure, mix, dissolve and boil in pans) according to recipes.
- Check batch consistency, e.g. using a stainless steel spatula or measuring equipment such as a refractometer.
- Shape mixture before baking.
- Load and unload mixture into and from ovens using tins and trays.
- Operate equipment, e.g. mixing machines, ovens and other equipment.
- Monitor the production process (e.g. control temperature and pressure in cookers) and make adjustments if necessary.
- Glaze or decorate with icing or cream.
- Sort and inspect finished or partly finished products.
- Check, clean and maintain the cleanliness of equipment and utensils to make sure health and safety regulations are met.
Related professions shopkeeper
- Greengrocer, fruit trader
- Pharmacist, pharmacy manager
- Shop keeper/supervisor supermarket
- Shopkeeper agricultural retail, pets and flowers
- Shopkeeper clothing, textile, leatherwear
- Shopkeeper construction equipments or components
- Shopkeeper consumer electronics, household equipment
- Shopkeeper drugstore
- Shopkeeper food, beverages, tobacco products
- Shopkeeper jewellery, luxury goods
- Shopkeeper newspapers, books, music, videos, games
- Shopkeeper sporting equipments, leisure products
- Shopkeeper, all other
Chocolatier - Career Profile
Discover your own career path at Josieapp.com!Get started!
Source: Sisyphus ODB