Profession Confectionery maker
Confectionery makers produce all kinds of confectionery by mixing sweeteners and other ingredients, shaping, baking and decorating.
Confectionery maker Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks confectionery maker
- Determine confectionery types and quantities to be made, e.g. by examining production schedules.
- Order ingredients from wholesalers.
- Prepare ingredients (weigh, measure, mix, dissolve and boil in pans) according to recipes.
- Check batch consistency, e.g. using a stainless steel spatula or measuring equipment such as a refractometer.
- Shape mixture before baking.
- Load and unload mixture into and from ovens using tins and trays.
- Operate equipment, e.g. mixing machines, ovens and other equipment.
- Monitor the production process (e.g. control temperature and pressure in cookers) and make adjustments if necessary.
- Glaze or decorate with icing or cream.
- Sort and inspect finished or partly finished products.
- Check, clean and maintain the cleanliness of equipment and utensils to make sure health and safety regulations are met.
Related professions shopkeeper
- Greengrocer, fruit trader
- Pharmacist, pharmacy manager
- Shop keeper/supervisor supermarket
- Shopkeeper agricultural retail, pets and flowers
- Shopkeeper clothing, textile, leatherwear
- Shopkeeper construction equipments or components
- Shopkeeper consumer electronics, household equipment
- Shopkeeper drugstore
- Shopkeeper food, beverages, tobacco products
- Shopkeeper jewellery, luxury goods
- Shopkeeper newspapers, books, music, videos, games
- Shopkeeper sporting equipments, leisure products
- Shopkeeper, all other
Source: Sisyphus ODB