Profession confectionery maker
Confectionery makers produce all kinds of confectionery by mixing sweeteners and other ingredients, shaping, baking and decorating.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Tasks confectionery maker
- Determine confectionery types and quantities to be made, e.g. by examining production schedules.
- Order ingredients from wholesalers.
- Prepare ingredients (weigh, measure, mix, dissolve and boil in pans) according to recipes.
- Check batch consistency, e.g. using a stainless steel spatula or measuring equipment such as a refractometer.
- Shape mixture before baking.
- Load and unload mixture into and from ovens using tins and trays.
- Operate equipment, e.g. mixing machines, ovens and other equipment.
- Monitor the production process (e.g. control temperature and pressure in cookers) and make adjustments if necessary.
- Glaze or decorate with icing or cream.
- Sort and inspect finished or partly finished products.
- Check, clean and maintain the cleanliness of equipment and utensils to make sure health and safety regulations are met.
Related professions food
- Bakery products machine operator
- Biscuit or cake maker
- Brand manager, product manager
- Bread baker in manufacturing
- Cereal products machine operator
- Chewing-gum maker
- Chocolate maker
- Chocolate products machine operator
- Cocoa processing machine operator
- Coffee processing machine operator
- Confectionery maker (craft)
- Confectionery maker (manufacturing)
- Edible nut processing machine operator
- Edible oil production machine operator
- First line supervisor food manufacturing workers
- Flour process controller
- Food scientist
- Grain- or spice-milling machine operator
- Hand packer
- Margarine processing machine operator
- Packing or labelling machine operator
- Pasta production machine operator
- Pie maker
- Pizza baker
- Quality inspector food (no meat or fish)
- Quality inspector grains, seeds
- Soft-drinks production machine operator
- Sugar production process controller
- Tea processing machine operator
- Vegetable processing machine operator
- Vinegar making machine operator
- Winemaking plant operator
- Yeast maker