Profession Construction operative
Building construction helpers assists in building and construction projects. Duties may involve (un)loading of materials, cleaning and preparing building and construction sites (e.g. by digging trenches, erecting scaffolding, cleaning up rubble and debris, and removing asbestos, lead, and other hazardous waste materials) and assist other workers.
Construction operative Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks construction operative
- Clear up construction sites by removing rubble and other waste, e.g. using wheelbarrows.
- Load and unload building materials, machinery, tools, etc. and move them to correct locations.
- Erect and disassemble temporary structures, such as scaffolding, shoring or traffic barricades.
- Guide equipment operators by giving signals.
- Operate construction site vehicles.
- Assist others in positioning, joining, aligning or sealing structural components, such as concrete wall sections and pipes.
- Dig holes, ditches, trenches, make excavations, and compact and level earth.
- Build, position and dismantle forms for pouring concrete.
- Tend or feed equipment, such as mixers, compressors and pumps.
- Mix, pour and spread materials (e.g. concrete, asphalt).
- Help others in the routine maintenance and repair of equipment.
Related professions building, construction
- Building repairer
- Building wrecker
- Construction block mason
- Construction company manager
- Construction contractor
- Construction designer
- Construction or building inspector
- Construction work planner
- Fence erector
- First line supervisor construction workers
- Glass decorating sandblaster
- House builder
- Insulation worker
- Iron worker
- Kit worker
- Prefabricated buildings erector
- Project manager civil engineering
- Project manager construction
- Quantity surveyor
- Town planner
Source: Sisyphus ODB