Profession cooling or freezing installer or mechanic
Refrigeration or airconditioning equipment erectors install industrial and commercial refrigerating systems and a variety of refrigeration equipment.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Conventional
- Realistic / Enterprising
Tasks cooling or freezing installer or mechanic
- Prepare work activities, e.g. read and interpret blueprints and specifications, and gather the appropriate tools and materials.
- Preassemble refrigeration systems, for example by pre-treating pipes and installing switch boxes.
- Finish (parts of) refrigeration systems, for example by installing re-encasings.
- Assemble structural and functional components of refrigeration systems using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Connect and install structural and functional components of refrigeration systems.
- Put refrigeration systems into operation (e.g. charge with refrigerant, adjust the thermostat and pressure control).
- Observe and test system operation using relevant tools and instruments.
- Dismantle (parts of) refrigeration systems.
- Register relevant information, for example by completing a log book or forms.
Related professions electrical
- Air-conditioning installer or mechanic
- Building electrician
- Domestic appliances service technician
- Domestic appliances technician
- Electrical line installer or repairer
- Electrical mechanic or fitter
- Electrician helper
- Electrician high voltage
- Electronic home entertainment equipment service technician
- Elevator installer or repairer
- Heating installer or mechanic
- Moving staircase installer or repairer
- Security or fire alarm systems installer or repairer
- Stage or studio electrician
- Windmill installer or repairer