Profession Electrical mechanic or fitter
Electrical mechanics or fitters install, maintain, test, repair and adjust mechanical and electrical appliances, wiring, equipment, fixtures, etc.
Electrical mechanic or fitter Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks electrical mechanic or fitter
- Assemble and install electrical wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, fixtures, etc., using hand tools and power tools.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance tasks, such as checking, cleaning and repairing equipment, to detect and prevent problems.
- Diagnose faulty systems, apparatus, components, etc., using test and measuring equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of problems.
- Repair and adjust equipment, machines, defective components, etc.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment and components to identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, fixtures, etc., using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment, fixtures, etc., based on job specifications and local codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformity to building and safety codes.
- Inform and advise relevant persons (e.g. management) on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
Related professions electrical
- Air-conditioning installer or mechanic
- Building electrician
- Cooling or freezing installer or mechanic
- Domestic appliances service technician
- Domestic appliances technician
- Electrical line installer or repairer
- Electrician helper
- Electrician high voltage
- Electronic home entertainment equipment service technician
- Elevator installer or repairer
- Heating installer or mechanic
- Moving staircase installer or repairer
- Security or fire alarm systems installer or repairer
- Stage or studio electrician
- Windmill installer or repairer
Source: Sisyphus ODB