Enamellers press, cut, trim, grind, polish and shape molten glass according to patterns.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Related professions métal
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Machine tool operator
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal foundry pattern-maker
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal production process operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, all other
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer
- Health and safety in the workplace
The body of rules, procdeures and regulations related to safety, health and welfare of people in their workplace.
- Metal smoothing technologies
The various technologies used for the smoothening, polishing and buffing of fabricated metal workpieces.
- Metal coating technologies
The various processes and technologies used for to coating and painting fabricated metal workpieces.
- Coating substances
Have knowledge of various types of coating, providing a workpiece with one or more finishing layers of resins, sugars, powders, inactive and insoluable fillers, waxes, gums, plasticisers, colouring materials, lacquer, and others.
- Fire the surface
Use stainless steel mesh and place the painted piece in the kiln, oven or furnace in order to melt the colour and let it flow.
- Operate metal polishing equipment
Operate equipment designed to buff and polish metal workpieces, such as diamond solutions, silicon-made polishing pads, or working wheels with a leather polishing strop, and others.
- Ensure equipment availability
Ensure that the necessary equipment is provided, ready and available for use before start of procedures.
- Detect product defects
Report in case the product arrives with a defect from previous processes. Understand the type of defect and send it to the right person.
- Perform enamelling
Paint and apply enamel paint on the prepared surface using brushes with soft bristles. Make sure to use separate brushes and containers for different colours.
- Prepare surface for enamelling
Remove any grease, oil grime or dust from the surface and make the enamelling area of even thickness in order to achieve even colour distribution while firing.
- Check quality of enamel
Use a needle to check the enamel. In case it is chipped or cracked, remove the enamel and repeat the entire enamel process.
- Prepare the enamel
Create the enamel by crushing enamel lumps and grind into powder using mortar and pestel. Use the required quantities and colours and make sure there aren't any impurities.