Profession Gardener, all other
Gardeners plant and maintain public or private gardens and lawns, and construct garden features.
Gardener, all other Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks gardener, all other
- Prepare the ground, e.g. prepare soil, install drainage, and level the ground.
- Plant trees, hedges, garden plants, grass, etc.
- Construct features and facilities within gardens, such as paths or paved areas, walls, rockeries, ponds and water features, sheds and fences.
- Check the health of plants and trees, identify and treat weeds, pests and diseases, and apply mulch and fertilisers.
- Prune and trim trees, shrubs and hedges, and install plant supports and protection.
- Roll, mow, aerate and edge lawns.
- Raise plants from seeds or cuttings.
- Install, operate and maintain irrigation systems.
- Tidy garden areas (e.g. pathways), for example by clearing leaves, snow and litter.
- Maintain and repair gardening tools, equipment and structures.
- Advise clients on garden maintenance and answer questions.
Related professions horticulture, gardening
- First line supervisor horticultural nursery gardeners
- Floral arranger
- Flower binder
- Garden architect
- Garden helper
- Gardener (cemetery)
- Gardener (public parks)
- Greenkeeper sports grounds
- Head groundsman
- Horticultural grower
- Horticultural technician
- Horticultural worker
- Landscape architect
Source: Sisyphus ODB