Profession hand packer
Hand packers weigh, pack and label materials and products by hand.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Related professions food
- Bakery products machine operator
- Biscuit or cake maker
- Brand manager, product manager
- Bread baker in manufacturing
- Cereal products machine operator
- Chewing-gum maker
- Chocolate maker
- Chocolate products machine operator
- Cocoa processing machine operator
- Coffee processing machine operator
- Confectionery maker
- Confectionery maker (craft)
- Confectionery maker (manufacturing)
- Edible nut processing machine operator
- Edible oil production machine operator
- First line supervisor food manufacturing workers
- Flour process controller
- Food scientist
- Grain- or spice-milling machine operator
- Margarine processing machine operator
- Packing or labelling machine operator
- Pasta production machine operator
- Pie maker
- Pizza baker
- Quality inspector food (no meat or fish)
- Quality inspector grains, seeds
- Soft-drinks production machine operator
- Sugar production process controller
- Tea processing machine operator
- Vegetable processing machine operator
- Vinegar making machine operator
- Winemaking plant operator
- Yeast maker
- Packaging processes
Packaging design and development. Decorating and printing processes executed in packaging. Pckaging machinery and line operations.
- Types of packaging materials
Properties of materials that make them suitable for packaging. Conversion of raw materials into packaging materials. Different types of labels and materials used which comply with the correct storage criteria depending on the goods.
- Pack goods
Pack different kinds of goods such as finished manufactured products or goods in use. Pack goods by hand in boxes, bags and other types of containers.
- Use packaging equipment
Use fastening and packaging tools such as plastic strapping, applicators and adhesives, marking and labelling equipment, and tape.
- Comply with checklists
Follow checklists and ensure compliance with all the items included in them.
- Ensure correct goods labelling
Ensure that goods are labeled with all necessary labeling information (e.g. legal, technological, hazardous and others) regarding the product. Ensure that labels respects the legal requirements and adhere to regulations.
- Follow written instructions
Follow written directions in order to perform a task or carry out a step-by-step procedure.
- Secure goods according to work orders
Fasten bands around stacks or articles, prior to shipment or storage.
- Lift heavy weights
Lift heavy weights and apply ergonomic lifting techniques to avoid damaging the body.
Optional knowledge and skillspack fragile items for transportation pack leather pack stone products weigh shipments pack soap pack timber products identify damaged goods before shipment maintain stock control systems pack vegetables or fruits operate voice picking systems pack electronic equipment perform packing of footwear and leather goods
Common job titles
- Packers and packagers, hand
- Packaging operator
- Produce order picker packer
- Sorter packer - upstate new york
- Mover and packer
- Seasonal ft or regular pt warehouse associates
- Packer 2nd and 3rd shifts
- Warehouse packer
- Warehouse/order picker