Profession Head groundsman
First line supervisors landscaping, lawn service or groundskeeping workers plan, organise, direct or coordinate activities of workers engaged in landscaping or groundskeeping activities.
Head groundsman Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks head groundsman
- Interpret plans and drawings.
- Confer with clients, contractors, other supervisors or other relevant parties to plan and coordinate work activities.
- Schedule work for crews, e.g. depending on work priorities, crew and equipment availability, and weather conditions.
- Direct and supervise activities of workers who perform duties such as landscaping, cultivating lawns or planting and maintaining vegetation.
- Provide workers with assistance in performing duties as necessary.
- Monitor project activities to ensure that instructions and schedules are followed, quality is maintained and deadlines are met.
- Inspect completed work to ensure conformity to specifications, standards and contract requirements.
- Train workers, e.g. in tasks such as transplanting and pruning trees and shrubs, finishing cement, using equipment, and caring for turf.
- Establish and enforce operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
- Take inventory of tool, equipment and materials supplies to ensure that sufficient supplies are available and items are in usable condition.
- Suggest changes in work procedures when necessary.
Related professions horticulture, gardening
- First line supervisor horticultural nursery gardeners
- Floral arranger
- Flower binder
- Garden architect
- Garden helper
- Gardener (cemetery)
- Gardener (public parks)
- Gardener, all other
- Greenkeeper sports grounds
- Horticultural grower
- Horticultural technician
- Horticultural worker
- Landscape architect
Source: Sisyphus ODB