Profession international forwarding operations coordinator
International forwarding operations coordinators implement and monitor international forwarding operations by resolving problems and taking decisions related to transport and support activities. They deal with administrative burdens associated with international operations such as regulations in different national contexts for imports and exports. They provide business support, project coordination, evaluation and management of current systems and international supply chain management and procedures as required.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Conventional / Enterprising
- Conventional / Realistic
- Control trade commercial documentation
Monitor written records containing information related to commercial transactions such as invoice, letter of credit, order, shipping, certificate of origin.
- Coordinate import transportation activities
Oversee import transportation operations; optimise import processes and service strategies.
- Manage carriers
Manage carriers and help customers in assessing route, performance, mode, and costs.
- Set import export strategies
Develop and plan the strategies for import and export, according to the size of the company, the nature of its products, expertise and business conditions on the international markets.
- Manage import export licenses
Ensure the effective issuing of permits and licenses in import and export processes.
- Assess carriers
Evaluate carrier performance; evaluate strengths and weaknesses, network and infrastructure.
- Perform ICT troubleshooting
Identify problems with servers, desktops, printers, networks, and remote access, and perform actions which solve the problems.
- Write work-related reports
Compose work-related reports that support effective relationship management and a high standard of documentation and record keeping. Write and present results and conclusions in a clear and intelligible way so they are comprehensible to a non-expert audience.
- Coordinate export transportation activities
Coordinate all export transportation operations while considering export strategies and services.
- Liaise between the client and various transportation services
Serve as an intermediary between the customer and various transportation services.
- Foster relationships with various types of carrier
Establish relationships with various types of carriers e.g. trucking companies, air freighters and ocean liners.
- Write routine reports
Compose routine reports; identify appropriate forms or documents to record data from manual inspections and/or electronic systems. Write clear observations as required. A written report is usually a summary of readings from the routine performance of the reticulation system.
- Apply procedures to ensure cargo complies with customs regulations
Apply the different procedures required to meet customs obligations when transporting goods across borders and arriving via ports/airports or any other logistics hub, such as producing written customs declarations. Apply different procedures for different types of goods, and ensure compliance with shipping regulations.;
- Work in a logistics team
Ability to work confidently within a logistics team, with each member of the team fulfilling a role designed to increase the efficiency of the whole.
- Communicate in English at a competent user level
Competent use of English; R351refers to level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- Respond to requests for logistics services from all over the world
Respond to requests for logistical services from customers in any country around the world.
- Analyse work-related written reports
Read and comprehend job-related reports, analyse the content of reports and apply findings to daily work operations.
Optional knowledge and skillstolerate stress have computer literacy show confidence perform services in a flexible manner use different communication channels show intercultural awareness
Common job titles
- International logistics coordinator ii
- Operations coordinator - international
- Global forwarding coordinator: dispatching
- Import logistics coordinator
- Import/export coordinator - freight forwarding
- Freight handler / transportation coordinator
- Global forwarding coordinator
- Truck vendor coordinator
- Logistics freight coordinator