Profession Machine tool operator
Machine tool operators set up, operate and tend various cutting or forming machine tools or robots (e.g. lathes, cutters, shears, borers, millers, grinders, presses, drills, auxiliary machines).
Machine tool operator Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks machine tool operator
- Study blueprints, layouts or other instructions to prepare the work.
- Plan (the sequence of) machine operations.
- Select and gather appropriate materials, instruments and tools for the operation.
- Set up, start and operate machines.
- Monitor machine operation, e.g. to detect defects or machine malfunctions.
- Adjust machines as necessary (e.g. speed or feed), for example in case of defects or malfunctioning.
- Check product size and shape using measuring instruments.
- Change worn machine accessories.
- Make minor repairs and adjustments to machines.
- Notify supervisors when major service is required.
- Inspect completed work (e.g. for defects and accuracy), e.g. using rules, templates or other measuring instruments.
Related professions métal
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- First line supervisor process controllers industrial production, manufacture, metal
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal foundry pattern-maker
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal moulder
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal production process operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, all other
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer
Source: Sisyphus ODB