Profession Metal moulder
Metal moulders or metal moulding machine setter-operators mould and cast a range of products by mixing materials, assembling mould parts, filling and stacking moulds, etc.
Metal moulder Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks metal moulder
- Plan and set up the sequence of operations according to blueprints, layouts or other instructions.
- Select equipment, e.g. mould boxes, core boxes, cores, patterns, moulding sands, etc., according to the job requirements.
- Prepare the moulds for metal pouring.
- Load or stack filled moulds, e.g. in ovens, dryers, curing boxes or on storage racks or carts.
- Operate heating equipment, e.g. to melt material or to cure, dry or bake filled moulds.
- Monitor the machinery during its operation.
- Check the completed work using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Finish the work, e.g. by removing excess material, levelling and smoothing wet mould mixtures.
- Clean and maintain work area, tools and equipment used in the moulding process.
Related professions métal
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- First line supervisor process controllers industrial production, manufacture, metal
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Machine tool operator
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal foundry pattern-maker
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal production process operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, all other
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer
Source: Sisyphus ODB