Profession metal moulder
Metal moulders or metal moulding machine setter-operators mould and cast a range of products by mixing materials, assembling mould parts, filling and stacking moulds, etc.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Realistic / Investigative
Tasks metal moulder
- Plan and set up the sequence of operations according to blueprints, layouts or other instructions.
- Select equipment, e.g. mould boxes, core boxes, cores, patterns, moulding sands, etc., according to the job requirements.
- Prepare the moulds for metal pouring.
- Load or stack filled moulds, e.g. in ovens, dryers, curing boxes or on storage racks or carts.
- Operate heating equipment, e.g. to melt material or to cure, dry or bake filled moulds.
- Monitor the machinery during its operation.
- Check the completed work using precision measuring instruments such as micrometers, gauges, etc.
- Finish the work, e.g. by removing excess material, levelling and smoothing wet mould mixtures.
- Clean and maintain work area, tools and equipment used in the moulding process.
Related professions machine operator
- Boiler operator
- Bridge operator
- Cable car operator
- Canal or port lock-keeper
- Cement, stone or other mineral products machine operator
- Chair-lift operator
- Control-room equipment operator
- Conveyer operator
- Crane operator (in construction)
- Crane operator (in port)
- Crushing machine operator
- Donkey engine operator
- Fibre-preparing-, spinning- or winding machine operator
- First line supervisor machine operators industrial production, manufacture, metal
- First line supervisor machine operators transport, logistics, port, airport
- First line supervisor, all other machine operators
- Hoist operator
- Lathe setter-operator
- Machine tool setter or machine tool setter-operator
- Magnetic ore processing machine operator
- Metal driller and metal borer
- Mineral ore and stone processing plant operators
- Production machine operator, all other
- Ropeway or aerial operator
- Sluice or dock operator
- Stationary plant and machine operator, all other
- Transmitting equipment operator
- Winch operator