Profession mine safety officer
Mine safety officers oversee health and safety systems at mining operations. They report workplace accidents, compile accident statistics, estimate risks to employee safety and health, and suggest solutions or new measurements and techniques.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Realistic / Investigative
- Impact of geological factors on mining operations
Be aware of the impact of geological factors, such as faults and rock movements, on mining operations.
- Mine safety legislation
The laws, regulations and codes of practice relevant to safety in mining operations.
- Conduct inter-shift communication
Communicate relevant information about the conditions in the workplace, progress, events, and potential problems to the workers in the next shift.
- Conduct drug abuse tests
Conduct alcohol and drug tests according to government and company policies and procedures. Conducts random, reasonable suspicion, and post-accident testing using basic equipment.
- Ensure compliance with safety legislation
Implement safety programmes to comply with national laws and legislation. Ensure that equipment and processes are compliant with safety regulations.
- Address problems critically
Identify the strengths and weaknesses of various abstract, rational concepts, such as issues, opinions, and approaches related to a specific problematic situation in order to formulate solutions and alternative methods of tackling the situation.
- Investigate mine accidents
Conduct investigation of mining accidents; identify unsafe working conditions and develop measures for improvement.
- Manage emergency procedures
React quickly in case of emergency and set planned emergency procedures in motion.
- Assist employee health programmes
Support and provide assistance to health and safety engineer and medical staff in implementing employee health programmes.
Identify operating problems, decide what to do about it and report accordingly.
- Deal with pressure from unexpected circumstances
Strive to achieve objectives despite the pressures arising from unexpected factors outside of your control.
- Maintain records of mining operations
Maintain records of mine production and development performance, including performance of machinery.
- Inspect mine safety conditions
Inspect mining areas to ensure safe working conditions and equipment.
- Train employees in mine safety
Organise mine safety training sessions for workers, supervisors and management.
- Assist blood sample collection
Cooperate with medical team in blood sample collection.
Optional knowledge and skillselectricity health and safety hazards underground chemistry mechanics
Common job titles
- Chemical safety officer
- Director compliance, quality & hipaa privacy
- Training officer 3
- Safety & health partner
- Naval aviators
- York county fixed route operations supervisor
- Security officer - emt - climax mine - leadville, co
- Business intelligence analyst
- Environmental inspector-in-training (w)
- Analytics anti-money laundering manager