Profession mine surveying technician
Mine surveying technicians conduct boundary and topographic surveys and surveys of the progress of mining operations. They operate surveying equipment and utilise programs to retrieve and interpret relevant data, and perform computations as required.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Realistic / Investigative
- Perform surveying calculations
Perform calculations and gather technical data in order to determine earth curvature corrections, traverse adjustments and closures, level runs, azimuths, marker placements, etc.
- Monitor equipment
Monitoring equipment implies watching gauges, dials, or display screens to make sure a machine is working.
- Delineate area with marks
Set out and recover documentation such as marks or stakes to be used in surveying.
- Operate surveying instruments
Operate and adjust measuring instruments such as theodolites and prisms, and other electronic distance-measuring tools.
- Work ergonomically
Apply ergonomy principles in the organisation of the workplace while manually handling equipment and materials.
- Record survey measurements
Gather and process descriptive data by using documents such as sketches, drawings and notes.
- Compare survey computations
Determine the accuracy of data by comparing computations with applicable standards.
- Maintain records of mining operations
Maintain records of mine production and development performance, including performance of machinery.
Optional knowledge and skillsimpact of geological factors on mining operations mathematics identify gis issues health and safety hazards underground train employees geographic information systems use a computer
Common job titles
- Operating technician (new hire)
- Temporary grade control technician
- Sampler technician - climax mine - leadville, co
- Surveyor/mine engineering technician
- Survey technician
- Technical sales / service representative, mining
- Liner installation supervisor - locations across us
- Sr. software engineer