Profession mixed farmer
Mixed farmers are responsible for managing all aspects of livestock and crop production as a small enterprise or for self-sufficiency.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Enterprising / Realistic
- Realistic / Investigative
- Realistic / Conventional
- Health and safety regulations
Necessary health, safety, hygiene and environmental standards and legislation rules in the sector of particular activity.
- Environmental legislation in agriculture and forestry
Awareness on enviromental legislation, policies, principles relevant for agriculture and forestry. Awareness of the impact on the enviroment of local agricultural precedures and practices. Means to adjust the production to new enviromental regulations and policies.
- Livestock reproduction
Understand natural and artificial reproduction techniques, gestation periods and birthing for livestock. Understand the humane destruction of relevant animals in accordance with national legislation.
- Crop production principles
Principles in growing crops, the natural cycle, nursing of nature, growth conditions and principles of organic and sustainable production. Quality criterias and requirements of seeds, plants and crop.
- Livestock farming systems
The allocation of farming ressources in relation to livestock farming and husbandry systems.
- Agronomical production principles
The techniques, methods and principles of conventional agronomical production.
- Agricultural production principles
Principles and conditions of organic and sustainable agricultural production.
- Conform to health and safety regulations
Carry out all work in accordance with relevant environmental and health and safety legislation, risk assessment requirements and company policies. Take the necessary health and safety precautions during work including posture the body well, safely operate tools and machinery, and wear the right clothes and protection for the climate.
- Supervise hygiene procedures in agricultural settings
Ensure that hygiene procedures in agricultural settings are followed, taking into account the regulations of specific areas of action e.q. livestock, plants, local farm products, etc.
- Operate agricultural machinery
Operate motorised agricultural equipment including tractors, balers, sprayers, ploughs, mowers, combines, earthmoving equipment, trucks, and irrigation equipment.
Optional knowledge and skillsmanage farm products manage production enterprise market farm products agricultural business management manage the health and welfare of livestock dairy animal production agritourism
Common job titles
- System engineer
- Management intern - economic development
- Farm manager
- Impact and data analytics officer
- Software development specialist/ devops
- Iss-8 (data warehouse administrator)
- Field services veterinarian
- Self-propelled sprayer sales specialist - illinois/indiana
- Food server/cashier
- Senior devops engineer