Profession moulding machine operator
Metal foundry pattern-makers and related workers make and repair custom made and specialised tools, sports guns, locks, dies, patterns machinery components and other metal articles using hand and machine tools to work metal to fine tolerances.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Related professions métal
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- First line supervisor process controllers industrial production, manufacture, metal
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Machine tool operator
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal moulder
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal production process operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, all other
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer
- Insert mould structures
Insert mould structures using the appropriate hand tools.
- Maintain moulds
Clean and repair moulds, e.g. by smoothening out imperfections on the surface.
- Move filled moulds
Correctly replace filled-up moulds; understand how to load moulds into the oven and how to store filled-up moulds onto a rack.
- Tend mouldmaking machines
Tend and monitor machines designed for mouldmaking processes, such as mixers, belt conveyors, air conveyors, grabs, and others.
- Ensure mould uniformity
Oversee uniformity of moulds; use casting equipment and tools such as hand press.
- Select mould types
Select the appropriate type and size of mould based on the operation.
- Set up machine controls
Set up or adjust machine controls to regulate conditions such as material flow, temperature, or pressure.
- Match product moulds
Changing moulds to match product specification. Run test samples and check for proper specifications.
- Fill moulds
Fill up moulds with appropriate materials and ingredient mixes.
- Repair mould defects
Repair mould malfunctions and damage, e.g. cracks or broken edges; use hand tools, mould boxes and patterns.
- Construct moulds
Construct moulds for the casting of objects in plaster, clay, glass, plastic or metal. Use casting machines and materials such as rubber, plaster or fibreglass.
- Provide pouring holes in moulds
Cut spouts, runner holes, and sprue holes into moulds.