Profession Nursing aid
Nursing aids provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties, such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens.
Nursing aid Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks nursing aid
- Observe and report changes in patient's condition.
- Apply practical intervention procedures for dementia or behavioral problems.
- Perform basic (medical) procedures such as taking blood pressure and applying and changing dressings.
- Collect specimens such as urine, faeces, or sputum.
- Assist with rehabilitation exercises and basic treatment and medications.
- Assist patients in activities such as walking, exercising, and getting in and out of bed.
- Turn and reposition bedridden patients, alone or with assistance, to prevent bedsores.
- Feed patients when necessary.
- Bath, groom, shave, dress, or drape patients to prepare them for surgery, treatment, or examination.
- Perform housekeeping activities, for example clean rooms and change linens.
- Clean and sterilize the care equipment.
Related professions nurse
- Ambulance paramedic
- Charge nurse
- Children's nurse
- Company nurse
- District nurse
- Hospital nurse
- Intensive care, recovery nurse
- Nurse, all other
- Nursing associate professional
- Private nurse
- Psychiatric nurse
- School nurse
- Theatre nurse
Source: Sisyphus ODB