Profession packaging and filling machine operator
Packaging and filling machine operators tend machines for preparing and packing food products in various packaging containers such as jars, cartons, cans, and others.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Clean food and beverage machinery
Clean machinery used for food or beverage production processes. Prepare the appropriate solutions for cleaning. Prepare all parts and assure that they are clean enough to avoid deviation or errors in the production process.
- Dispose non-food waste within the food industry
Dispose non-food waste within the food industry applying environmentally accepted procedures to dispose it.
- Adhere to organisational guidelines
Adhere to organisational or department specific standards and guidelines. Understand the motives of the organisation and the common agreements and act accordingly.
- Apply HACCP
Apply regulations regarding manufacture of food and food safety compliance. Employ food safety procedures based on Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Operate package processing equipment
Operate electric package processing equipment and control systems.
- Ensure health, safety and security measures
Take responsibility for health, safety and security measures in the workplace including posture the body well, safely operate tools and machinery, and wear the right clothes and protection for the climate. Apply health and safety standards. Adhere strictly to the site safety rules and systems and equipment operational procedures.
- Ensure quality control in packaging
Implement and monitor activities so that all requirements of packing procedures and packing standards are met at all times.
- Follow given instructions
Follow instructions to achieve goals and meet deadlines.
- Tend packaging machines
Tend packaging machines such as filling, labelling, and sealing machines. Stock and sort products to be processed according to specifications. Replenish packaging supplies as required, such as boxes, cartons, wrapping paper, plastic sheet, glue, ink, or labels.
- Apply requirements concerning manufacturing of food and beverages
Apply and follow national, international, and internal requirements quoted in standards, regulations and other specifications related with manufacturing of food and beverages.
- Monitor machine operations
Observing machine operations and evaluating product quality thereby ensuring conformity to standards.
- Operate weighing machine
Work with a weighing machine to measure raw, half-finished and finished products.
- Identify the factors causing changes in food during storage
Recognize the most relevant factors (chemical, physical, environmental etc) that can alter the food during its storage
- Apply GMP
Apply regulations regarding manufacture of food and food safety compliance. Employ food safety procedures based on Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP).
- Check quality of products on the production line
Check products for quality on the production line and remove defective items before and after packaging.
- Follow hygienic procedures during food processing
Ensure a clean working space according to hygienic standards in the food processing industry.
- Work in conveyor belts in food manufacturing
Work in rotating conveyor belt systems in food manufacturing.
- Be at ease in unsafe environments
Be at ease in unsafe environments like being exposed to dust, rotating equipment, hot surfaces, sub-freezing and cold storage areas, noise, wet floors and moving lift equipment.
Optional knowledge and skillslabel samples perform carbonation processes ensure compliance with environmental legislation in food production label foodstuffs ensure correct goods labelling pump products monitor packaging operations food storage health, safety and hygiene legislation handle chemicals for clean in place operate automated process control comply with regulations related to export in different countries
Common job titles
- Production / machine operator ($14.54-$30.37 / hr)
- Craft beer packaging and filling machine operator
- Operator, filling, 3rd shift, atlanta
- Construction - machine operator app
- Packaging machine operator
- Machine operator
- Warehouse person - crane operator
- Machine operator – rolling meadows, il