Profession Personal carer in an institution for the elderly
Personal carers in an institution for the elderly assist elderly people with daily living activities and health care connected tasks, under the supervision of a medical professional, in an institution for the elderly.
Personal carer in an institution for the elderly Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks personal carer in an institution for the elderly
- Give support to the elderly patients in a daycare institution or a residential institutions with daily living tasks such as personal hygiene, dressing, eating, drinking, transport and budgeting.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking and running errands.
- Carry out health care related tasks such as monitoring vital signs (under the supervision of registered nurses and physiotherapists).
- Administer medication orally, via rectum, subcutaneously and intramuscularly.
- Transport/accompany patients to locations outside the institution.
- Educate family to provide bedside care.
- Report changes in client's condition and the services offered.
- Create individual care programmes.
- Coordinate and arrange activities to enhance the patient's physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
- Create and maintain records of the patient's progress/development and services performed.
- Consult with other health care providers about patient.
- Clean and sterilize the care equipment.
Related professions personal care
- Aged care services manager
- First line supervisor of personal care workers
- Handicapped care services manager
- Personal carer in an institution for psychiatric patients
- Personal carer in an institution for the handicapped
- Personal carer in private homes
- Pharmacy assistant (semi-skilled)
- Psychiatric care services manager
Source: Sisyphus ODB