Profession Personal carer in an institution for the handicapped
Carers for the disabled assist disabled adults with daily living activities at the person's home, or in a daytime non-residential facility; not in institutions. Duties performed at a place of residence may include keeping house (making beds, doing laundry, washing dishes) and preparing meals. May provide meals and supervised activities at non-residential care facilities. May advise families and the disabled on such things as nutrition, cleanliness, and household utilities.
Personal carer in an institution for the handicapped Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks personal carer in an institution for the handicapped
- Give support to disabled patients at home, or in a day care institution with daily living tasks such as washing, dressing, eating, drinking, transport and budgeting.
- Perform housekeeping duties, such as cooking and running errands.
- Carry out health care related tasks such as monitoring vital signs (under the supervision of registered nurses and physiotherapists).
- Administer medication orally, via rectum, subcutaneously and intramuscularly.
- Transport/accompany patient to locations outside home or institution.
- Educate family to provide bedside care.
- Report changes in client's condition and the services offered.
- Create individual care programmes.
- Coordinate and arrange activities to enhance patient's physical, social, emotional and intellectual development.
- Create and maintain records of patient's progress/development and services performed.
- Consult with other health care providers about patient.
- Clean and sterilize the care equipment.
Related professions personal care
- Aged care services manager
- First line supervisor of personal care workers
- Handicapped care services manager
- Personal carer in an institution for psychiatric patients
- Personal carer in an institution for the elderly
- Personal carer in private homes
- Pharmacy assistant (semi-skilled)
- Psychiatric care services manager
Source: Sisyphus ODB