Profession plant maintenance mechanic
Plant maintenance mechanics lubricate machinery, change parts or perform other routine machinery maintenance.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Realistic / Investigative
Tasks plant maintenance mechanic
- Study blueprints, technical manuals and engineering specifications to maintain and fix equipment.
- Identify the tools, equipment and skills necessary for repair and maintenance work.
- Install new machinery.
- Perform basic diagnostic tests.
- Check machine performance.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes or hoists.
- Test damaged machine parts.
- Replace the damaged and worn parts if necessary.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Clean and lubricate machinery.
- Keep records of repair and maintenance work.
Related professions mechanic, electrician
- Aircraft engine technician
- Aircraft mechanic
- Bicycle repairer
- Construction machinery mechanic
- Electronics mechanic or servicer
- Engine or diesel mechanic (not in motor vehicles)
- Industrial machinery erector-installer
- Industrial machinery mechanic
- Installation or service technician conveyor belts
- Lift mechanic
- Metalworking machinery fitter
- Moped or scooter mechanic
- Office machinery fitter
- Plant maintenance electrician
- Printing machinery mechanic
- Process control technician, all other
- Textiles machinery mechanic
- Turbine fitter
- Vending machine money collector
- Vending machine service operator
- Wheelchair repairer
- Woodworking machinery mechanic