Profession Plant maintenance mechanic
Plant maintenance mechanics lubricate machinery, change parts or perform other routine machinery maintenance.
Plant maintenance mechanic Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks plant maintenance mechanic
- Study blueprints, technical manuals and engineering specifications to maintain and fix equipment.
- Identify the tools, equipment and skills necessary for repair and maintenance work.
- Install new machinery.
- Perform basic diagnostic tests.
- Check machine performance.
- Dismantle machines and remove parts for repair using hand tools, chain falls, jacks, cranes or hoists.
- Test damaged machine parts.
- Replace the damaged and worn parts if necessary.
- Reassemble machines after the completion of repair or maintenance work.
- Clean and lubricate machinery.
- Keep records of repair and maintenance work.
Related professions mechanic, electrician
- Aircraft engine technician
- Aircraft mechanic
- Bicycle repairer
- Construction machinery mechanic
- Electronics mechanic or servicer
- Engine or diesel mechanic (not in motor vehicles)
- Industrial machinery erector-installer
- Industrial machinery mechanic
- Installation or service technician conveyor belts
- Lift mechanic
- Metalworking machinery fitter
- Moped or scooter mechanic
- Office machinery fitter
- Plant maintenance electrician
- Printing machinery mechanic
- Process control technician, all other
- Textiles machinery mechanic
- Turbine fitter
- Vending machine money collector
- Vending machine service operator
- Wheelchair repairer
- Woodworking machinery mechanic
Source: Sisyphus ODB