Profession steel fixer
Concrete steel workers position and secure steel bars or steel mesh to reinforce concrete constructions.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Enterprising
- Realistic / Artistic
- Realistic / Conventional
Tasks steel fixer
- Read and interpret work drawings and specifications.
- Prepare the work, for instance determine the required materials (quantity, size, etc.).
- Cut and saw steel bars as detail requires.
- Bend steel bars as detail requires.
- Assemble steel bars or steel mesh, e.g. by welding or using a steelfixer's pincer.
- Hoist steel bars, steel mesh and reinforcements into place.
- Connect columns, beams, footings and girders.
- Position and fix reinforcements ready for concrete pour.
- Prepare the concrete, mixing sand, cement and water.
- Pour concrete in the concrete form.
- Maintain a safe and clean environment.
Related professions concrete, stone
- Concrete finisher
- Concrete placer
- Concrete products caster
- Stone cutter
- Stone driller
- Stone finisher
- Stone mason
- Stone worker
- Stonecutting sandblaster