Profession Tailor, seamstress
Sewers sew, join, reinforce and finish various manufactured items by hand and with sewing machines or equipment.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Tailor, seamstress Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks tailor, seamstress
- Prepare for sewing, e.g. by folding, twisting, stretching or draping material, and securing articles.
- Draw and cut patterns according to specifications.
- Measure and align the sewing work (e.g. parts, fasteners, trimmers) following seams, edges or markings on parts.
- Sew materials (e.g. to reinforce existing sewing, assemble pieces or a whole product) using different sewing techniques such as felling, tacking, embroidery, etc.
- Smooth seams, e.g. using heated irons, flat bones or rubbing sticks.
- Trim excess threads or edges of parts, e.g. using scissors or knives.
- Sew buttonholes and attach buttons, zippers, pockets, collars, trimmings, etc.
- Examine sections of finished articles for defects.
- Carry out basic maintenance of sewing tools and machines.
Related professions design
- Fashion designer
- Fashion model
- Fashion stylist, clothing advisor
- Furniture designer
- Industrial products designer
- Multimedia designer
- Package designer
Seamstress - Career Profile
Discover your own career path at Josieapp.com!Get started!
Source: Sisyphus ODB