Profession textile finishing machine operator
Textile finishing machine operators operate, supervise, monitor and maintain the production of textiles finishing machines.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
- Textile finishing technology
Processes used for changing the properties of textile materials. This includes operating, monitoring and maintaining textile finishing machines.
- Textile printing technology
Addition of colour partially, according to the designed pattern, onto textile based materials. Processes for adding coloured patterns onto textile materials using printing machines and techniques (rotary of flat bed screen printing or others, heat transfer, inkjet, etc.).
- Textile chemistry
Chemical processing of textiles such as the reactions of textiles to chemicals.
- Dyeing technology
Processes involved in textile dyeing using different dyeing technologies. Also, addition of colours to textile materials using dye stuffs.
- Use textile finishing machine technologies
Use textile finishing machine technologies that enable the coating or laminating of fabrics.
- Finish processing of man-made fibres
Completing the processing operation of man-made fibres and ensuring that the product is made according to customer specification
- Tend textile drying machines
Operate textile drying machines keeping efficiency and productivity at high levels.
- Tend textile washing machines
Operate textile washing machines keeping efficiency and productivity at high levels.
- Tend textile finishing machines
Operate textile finishing machines keeping efficiency and productivity at high levels.
- Maintain work standards
Maintaining standards of work in order to improve and acquire new skills and work methods.
Optional knowledge and skillschallenging issues in the textile industry manufacture braided products
Common job titles
- Tenter frame machine operator- 1st shift
- Textile production - machine operator (all shifts)
- Machine operator
- Feeder-folder equipment operator
- 2nd shift - feeder-folder equipment operator
- Textile positions
- Machine operator - finishing department
- Tubular supervisor - direct hire
- Piece dye supervisor-direct hire
- Shift dyer supervisor-direct hire