Profession textile printer
Textile printers set up and operate digital, letterpress, lithographic, flexographic, gravure, newspaper and other printing presses.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Related professions textile, leather, carpeting
- Artificial flower maker
- Carpet printer
- Carpets machine operator
- Embroiding machine operator
- Furrier or related worker
- Handicraft weaver, knitter, embroiderer
- Handicraft worker in basketry or brushes
- Handicraft worker in textile or related materials
- Knitting machine operator
- Machine operator, all other textile-products
- Mattress maker
- Net maker
- Sail maker
- Shoemaking machine operator
- Silk-screen printer
- Tent maker
- Textile chemist
- Textile designer
- Textile ironing worker
- Textile pattern-maker or cutter
- Textile products assembler
- Weaving machine operator
- Textile finishing technology
Processes used for changing the properties of textile materials. This includes operating, monitoring and maintaining textile finishing machines.
- Textile printing technology
Addition of colour partially, according to the designed pattern, onto textile based materials. Processes for adding coloured patterns onto textile materials using printing machines and techniques (rotary of flat bed screen printing or others, heat transfer, inkjet, etc.).
- Portfolio management in textile manufacturing
The process of managing teams and projects in textile and clothing product development.
- Maintain work standards
Maintaining standards of work in order to improve and acquire new skills and work methods.
- Decorate textile articles
Decorate wearing apparels and made up textile articles by hand or using machines. Decorate textile articles with ornaments, braided cords, golden yarns, soutaches, jewellery, and cristals.
- Control textile process
Planning and monitoring textile production to achieve control on behalf of quality, productivity and delivery time.
- Tend textile printing machines
Operate textile printing machines keeping efficiency and productivity at high levels.
- Prepare equipment for textile printing
Manufacture screens and prepare printing paste. Use tools and equipment associated with screen printing. Select screen types and mesh for appropriate substrates. Develop, dry and finish screen image. Prepare screens, test screens and printed quality. Printing preparation is used for stencil, or silk-screen printing techniques to produce designs and artwork for textiles to be used for garments, textile products, furnishing fabrics or accessories or public art commissions. This skills are need for screen printing using manual techniques, tools and equipment and differ from skills for digital printing techniques.
- Use textile technique for hand-made products
Using textile technique to produce hand-made products, such as carpets, tapestry, embroidery, lace, silk screen printing, wearing apparel, etc.
Optional knowledge and skillsconduct textile testing operations manufacture braided products test physical properties of textiles draw sketches to develop textile articles
Common job titles
- Marketing associate / manager
- Urban outfitters: associate designer
- Garment screen printer
- Experienced screen printing press operator
- Graphic artist/designer
- Creative director
- Color applications specialist
- Cad textile designer, baby & sleep, gap brand
- Inline numbers printer
- Textile screen printer