Profession Tile layer
Tile setters, tile layers prepare, conduct and finish tiling work on walls, floors etc.
Tile layer Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks tile layer
- Organize the materials and the work area, e.g. gather and check required tools and materials.
- Check and prepare the surface, e.g. by cleaning, smoothing and applying adhesives.
- Set out tile distribution, and measure and mark the surface to be tiled.
- Mix mortar, glue or other substances to the right consistency taking into account e.g. tile weight and thickness.
- Make tiles the right size, e.g. using (electric) cutting tools.
- Prepare surfaces, e.g. apply mortar on floors and strickle off smoothly.
- Set or lay tiles straight and evenly on the surface with mortar or glue, and press or tap the tile.
- Finish off the tiling work, e.g. finish and dress the joints and clean the work area.
- Carry out specialized tiling work (e.g. stairs, mosaic, patterns).
- Conduct repair and renovation work on tiling.
Related professions flooring
- Carpet, linoleum or cork floor layer
- Parquetry worker
- Terrazzo worker
Source: Sisyphus ODB