Profession water network operative
Water network operatives maintain pipes and pumping stations used for water supply, waste water removal and sewerage. They perform planned maintenance and repair tasks and clear blockages in pipes and drains.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Enterprising
- Realistic / Conventional
- Types of pipelines
Know various types of pipelines and their different usages. Differentiate between pipelines used to transport goods over short and long distances, and understand their respective feeding systems.
- Operate pumps
Operate industrial pumps used to remove excess liquid.
- Repair pipelines
Conduct maintenance and repair work on pipelines to prevent or remedy damages using, if necessary, remote-controlled robots.
- Operate drilling equipment
Operate a range of drilling equipment, pneumatic as well as electrical and mechanical. Tend drilling equipment, monitor and operate it, according to regulations. Safely and efficiently drill holes using the correct equipment, settings, and drill bits.
- Inspect pipelines
Walk flow lines to identify damage or leaks; use electronic detection equipment and conduct visual inspections.
- Prevent pipeline deterioration
Ensure the conservation of pipelines by undertaking adequate maintenance of the system and its coating properties. Prevent corrosion formation, leaks, and other problems.
- Detect flaws in pipeline infrastructure
Detect flaws in pipeline infrastructure during construction or over the passage of time. Detect flaws such as construction defects, corrosion, ground movement, hot-tap made by error, and others.
- Maintain water treatment equipment
Perform repairs and routine maintenance tasks on equipment used in the purification and treatment processes of water and waste water.
- Assemble manufactured pipeline parts
Assemble parts and components made for pipelines in companies or sites. Construct pipeline infrastructures or re-assemble parts that were taken out for repair. Use welding equipment and other tools in assembly activities.
- Apply health and safety standards
Adhere to standards of hygiene and safety established by respective authorities.
- Use personal protection equipment
Make use of protection equipment according to training, instruction and manuals. Inspect the equipment and use it consistently.
- Operate sumps
Operate industrial sumps used to remove excess liquid such as water or chemicals.
- Lay pipe installation
Install the system of pipes used to transport a fluid, be it a liquid or a gas, from one point to aNother and connect it to the fuel and water supply lines, air ducts, and other components.
Optional knowledge and skillsmaintain septic tanks use water disinfection equipment maintain drilling equipment perform water treatments pipeline coating properties mitigate environmental impact of pipeline projects carry out cleaning of road drains consider the impact of material characteristics on pipeline flows interpret scientific data to assess water quality advise on equipment maintenance monitor water quality regulate the flow of substances in pipelines document analysis results collect samples for analysis operate hydraulic machinery controls test samples for pollutants maintain water storage equipment ensure regulatory compliance in pipeline infrastructures maintain water distribution equipment measure water quality parameters inspect drilling equipment maintain pipeline coating properties perform demarcation
Common job titles
- Deputy director of partnership and community engagement
- Maintenance technician (2nd shift)
- Certified operating room technician
- Perioperative nurse-prn (as needed)-apple hill surg center (ahsc)
- Rn - pacu/sacred heart hospital pensacola/ft day
- Veterinary research tech. i, bumc lab animal science center
- Surgical technologist - labor & delivery - part time - night
- Surgical technologist - labor & delivery - part time - day/evening
- Instructional designer (program manager training / development level i), emr/revenue cycle/training
- Instructional designer (program manager training / development level i) emr/training *5 positions