Profession weaving machine operator
Weaving machine operators set up, operate and monitor weaving and knitting machines which process yarn or thread into woven, non-woven and knitted products such as cloth, lace, carpets, rope, industrial fabric, hosiery and knitted garments or to quilt and embroider fabric.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
- Realistic / Conventional
Related professions textile, leather, carpeting
- Artificial flower maker
- Carpet printer
- Carpets machine operator
- Embroiding machine operator
- Furrier or related worker
- Handicraft weaver, knitter, embroiderer
- Handicraft worker in basketry or brushes
- Handicraft worker in textile or related materials
- Knitting machine operator
- Machine operator, all other textile-products
- Mattress maker
- Net maker
- Sail maker
- Shoemaking machine operator
- Silk-screen printer
- Tent maker
- Textile chemist
- Textile designer
- Textile ironing worker
- Textile pattern-maker or cutter
- Textile printer
- Textile products assembler
- Textile products, textile semi-finished products and raw materials
The offered textile products, textile semi-finished products and raw materials, their functionalities, properties and legal and regulatory requirements.
- Types of textile fibres
The variety of textile fibres both natural such as wool and hemp and man-made or synthetic fibers.
- Health and safety in the textile industry
The requirements, rules and applications of health and safety measures in the textile industry.
- Control textile process
Planning and monitoring textile production to achieve control on behalf of quality, productivity and delivery time.
- Maintain work standards
Maintaining standards of work in order to improve and acquire new skills and work methods.
- Evaluate textile characteristics
Evaluate textiles and their properties in order to manufacture products in conformity with specifications.
- Use weaving machine technologies
Operate machines that enable weaving processes turning threads into fabrics. Setup weaving machine programmes for the machine to produce fabrics with the adequate pattern, colour and fabric density.
- Manufacture textile floor coverings
Produce textile floor coverings by tending machines, sewing parts, and applying finishing touches to products such as carpets, rugs, and made up textile floor covering articles.
- Manufacture woven fabrics
Perform the operation, monitoring and maintenance of machines and processes to manufacture woven fabrics.
- Work in textile manufacturing teams
Work harmoniously with colleagues in teams in the textile and clothing manufacturing industries.
- Tend weaving machines
Operate weaving machines keeping efficiency and productivity at high levels.
Optional knowledge and skillstextile industry machinery products produce textile samples maintain technical equipment properties of fabrics electrical machines textile technologies textile industry textile techniques maintain machinery produce textile designs check quality of products in textile production line textile measurement sort textile items textile materials arrange equipment repairs
Common job titles
- Custom fabricator/belt fabrication machine operator
- Machine operator assistant
- Warper operator
- Inspection packer
- Weaving loom machine operator
- Weaver assistant
- Entry level manufacturing - 2nd or 3rd shift
- Mill worker
- General labor