Profession Welder, all other
Welders use welding machines (e.g. hand-welding or flame-cutting equipment) to weld or join metal components or to fill holes, indentations, seams of fabricated metal products, etc.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Welder, all other Jobs: Open positions
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.Job postings: talent.com
Tasks welder, all other
- Examine detailed drawings or specifications to determine material and equipment requirements.
- Clean and prepare the surfaces for welding.
- Lay out and secure parts and assemblies prior to assembly, using tools such as straightedges, combination squares, calipers and rulers.
- Weld metal and plastic components.
- Monitor the operation of welding machines.
- Examine quality of welding to detect defects.
- Finish products by cleaning, polishing, filling, bathing in acid solutions, etc.
- Keep records, e.g. of the welding work, and report on the maintenance of equipment.
- Clean the work area.
- Maintain the welding machines.
Related professions métal
- Aircraft assembler
- Aircraft electrician
- Ammunition and explosive products machine operator
- Boiler maker
- Bridge cable worker
- Chemical products plant or machine operator, all other
- Clock maker
- Die finisher
- Electronic-equipment assembler
- First line supervisor process controllers industrial production, manufacture, metal
- Flame cutter
- Forging machine operator
- Foundry worker, metal caster
- Handicraft worker, all other
- Industrial robot operator
- Instrument maker
- Instrument repairer
- Machine feeder or off bearer
- Machine tool operator
- Manufacturing department manager
- Mechanical-machinery assembler
- Metal castings moulder
- Metal core maker
- Metal finishing, plating or coating machine operator
- Metal foundry pattern-maker
- Metal ladler
- Metal marker
- Metal measuring and cutting machine operator
- Metal moulder
- Metal processing plant operator
- Metal production process operator
- Metal products packer
- Metal varnisher
- Metal wheel-grinder, polisher or tool sharpener
- Photographic equipment maker
- Photographic products machine operator
- Precision instrument maker
- Rope spinner, squeezer or splicer
- Scale balancer
- Semiconductor processing machine operator
- Sheet metal lay-out worker
- Sheet metal worker
- Sign writer graphic
- Surgical appliance maker
- Tool maker
- Varnisher, manufactured articles
- Vehicle engine tuner
- Welder, metal materials
- Wire spinner-squeezer
Welder - Career Profile
Discover your own career path at Josieapp.com!Get started!
Source: Sisyphus ODB