Profession Wood processing plant operator
Wood processing plant operators set up, operate or tend woodworking machines, such as drill presses, lathes, shapers, routers, sanders, planers and wood nailing machines.
Would you like to know what kind of career and professions suit you best? Take our free Holland code career test and find out.
Find the job of your dreams on Talent.com, one of the largest job sites worldwide.
Job postings: talent.com
Tasks wood processing plant operator
- Study work orders to determine requirements.
- Determine product specifications, materials, work methods and machine setup.
- Adjust machine tables or cutting devices and set controls on machines to produce specified cuts or operations.
- Start machines.
- Feed stock, e.g. through feed mechanisms or conveyors.
- Monitor operation of machines and make adjustments.
- Detect rot, splits and other defects in wood and finished products.
- Check quality, packaging and stacking of products.
- Adjust, clean, repair and replace machine parts.
- Record production details and report machine or production faults.
Related professions wood
- Handicraft worker in wood or related materials
- Log grader
- Sawing machine setter or operator
- Wood model maker
- Wood or related products assembler
- Wood products machine operator
- Wooden toy maker
- Woodworking-machine setter-operator