ENTP personality type
Updated on May 20, 2022
An ENTP at a glance
Often called The Debater, sometimes The Originator, the ENTP type likes intellectual challenges as do INTJ, INTP and ENTJ types. ENTPs are highly dynamic individuals who typically say, If at first you do not succeed, try another way or move on! They enjoy being an inviting host - bringing people together, putting them at ease and creating upbeat, fun gatherings. They aim to understand rather than to judge people.
Am I the ENTP type?
Are you a highly dynamic ENTP?Take a free Jung personality test
An ENTPs style is confident, dynamic, energetic, infectious and sparkling. They are great conversationalists that enjoy verbal sparring and debating. They laugh easily and often.
An ENTP has the ability to intuitively understand people and situations - They seem to understand things quickly and in great depth. When an ENTPs intuition is working at full speed it is inspiring - both for themselves and others.
They like to motivate and motivate people to go that one step further - to win rather than to be a runner-up. The ENTP type can be identified with a free Jung Typology Test but also with well-known tests such as that of 16personalities and the MBTI test.
ENTP workstyle and contributions to an organization
Different personality types with different skill sets and attributes form an organization for growth. The list below is the most commonly associated skill sets and attributes of an ENTP to an organization.
- Is confident, dynamic, energetic and exciting to be around.
- Views work as one stimulating and adventurous challenge after another.
- Brings infectious humor and dynamism to tasks.
An ENTP on a team
Being in a team needs working together for the betterment of the team. But some personality types do not seem to go with it; they prefer doing their things alone rather than being in a team. A clear understanding of individual team commitment gives an idea of how each member works. Below are the qualities of an ENTP when involved in a team:
- Supplies clear ideas and inventive new insights.
- Contributes elevated degrees of enthusiasm and energy.
- Provides analysis and solutions, and identifies opportunities.
ENTP leadership style
Leaders are incomparable based on skills, style, strength, and blind spots. The list below shows the leadership role and qualities of the ENTP personality types:
- Acts as the visionary for a group or organization.
- Persuades and inspires others with enthusiasm and imagination.
- Can readily become engrossed in a project that interests them.
- Extraverts are outgoing, energetic and action-oriented. They are enthusiastic and expressive
- iNtuitives pay more attention to information that is imaginative and original. iNtuitives focus on the future.
- Thinkers make decisions using logic and impersonal analysis. They think with their heads rather than their hearts.
- Perceivers prefer a lifestyle that is spontaneous, flexible and adaptable. They like an environment that is unstructured, and like to keep their options open.
Jung personality types
- ISTJ personality type
- ISTP personality type
- ISFJ personality type
- ISFP personality type
- INTJ personality type
- INTP personality type
- INFJ personality type
- INFP personality type
- ESTP personality type
- ESTJ personality type
- ESFP personality type
- ESFJ personality type
- ENTJ personality type
- ENTP personality type
- ENFJ personality type
- ENFP personality type